Friday, August 10, 2007

Smoke and Mirrors (Mask)

Ok so I have some more “Pencils to Color” showcases. I was going to do another step by step post but it turned into more of a start and end with no middle. I’m ok with that and you’re going to be also. Well it all started with me sitting down to eat something and I turned the T.V. on. Sure enough Blood sport just started on Spike of course, and in the starting with the credits it shows them getting ready for the tournament and there setting up Chinese dragon masks on tables. I’ve always liked masks and really wanted to do just the head so I thought I would cover it up smoke. I tried to get the mask popping though the smoke and this is what I came up with. -----Erik

1 comment:

M said...

The warm color play sparks the glance. The bold outline captivates the gaze. Gray is a mute color to me. However, the smokey color here subdues the eyes. Once focused, one explores the semi-intricate detail of the mask.

m's wafting thoughts...
It is like meeting a fierce face (person, if you will) and then taking the time to experience the dynamic personage.

Mirrors? Where, for I can not see?